How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Dentist Appointment

This morning I took Taylor in for her first dentist appointment at 8:00am. What a great place that caters to kids. Thought I would have a hard time getting Taylor out of there because they had some great toys in the waiting room. Taylor did really well with the hygentist and pretty good with the dentist. Hygentist Linda gave her a brand new Cinderella toothbrush with a rotating head and used it to demonstrate on the back of Taylor's hand how it tickles and that she was going to tickle Taylor's teeth. She then showed her the little mirror she would be using, the water spray and suction. Of course Taylor had to try them all out. She got up in the chair (didn't need to sit on Mommy's lap), had her little bib put on and opened wide. I sat right next to her holding her hands while Linda checked everything out and cleaned her teeth. Taylor was so good until it was time for the floride. She either didn't like it or was tired of having her teeth worked on because there were some tears but not for long. Taylor got her very own little goodie bag with her new toothbruch, floss, toothpaste and a little Bright Smile certificate.

Then it was on to see the dentist for his evaluation. On my lap she went backwards so she could lay down on my legs with her head on his knees. Didn't like that at all and the tears started but at least her mouth was wide open so he could see her mouth and teeth. After his exam he declared that she had healthy looking teeth and gums and he best part....NO cavities. We go back again in 6 months. Once she starts loosing her baby teeth then the work will begin. Palate widening and possible spacers to help make room for her permanent teeth to come in. She may also need some bone grafting done. Won't know about that for a few years yet. All in all it was a good first visit to the dentist.

So you are probably wondering where is the picture of Taylor in the chair having her teeth cleaned. Well I did take a picture with my blackberry but as soon as I took it I had to sit next to her and hold her hands. Tossed it in my bag without even checking to make sure it was saved. Assumed it would be good. Wrong!!!!! When I got to work I went to show it to someone and it wasn't there :( No room for it to be saved...had to many other pictures that I hadn't deleted yet. Oh well maybe next time for her 2nd visit.

Big weekend coming up. Taylor has no school tomorrow so I am taking the day off and we are heading to a nearby amusement park. Good friends coming to town tomorrow night and off to NYC on Saturday for lunch and a visit to the Central Park Zoo. Stay tuned for lots of pictures.

2 comments:

Lesa said...

I'm so happy that she had a good experience at the dentist. Wendy got a Cinderella toothbrush too. It is amazing how dentist are catering to the little ones now. I was one of those who had a horrible experience as a child.
Sounds like you two are going to have lots of fun at the amusement park.

Sherry said...

Sounds like you found a great dentist. That really helps. We have a good one too.

I never even thought to take pictures at the dentist. hahaha. Since I always have the two girls at our appts that's hard to do -- or remember.

Hope you guys had a fun Friday. And on Saturday in the city. Wish we could come for a visit to the city.