How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July Weekend - Saturday July 3, 2010

For the 4th of July weekend we headed up to Poughkeepsie, NY to visit my brother Stephen and his family. Taylor had a great time with her cousins Max and Meg especially in the pool. On the 4th we were sitting in the living room and I wished everyone a Happy 4th and then said Happy Birthday America. Taylor looked at me, smiled and then sang Happy Birthday. It was a very cute moment.

We then headed over to Auntie Linda's for the day before heading back home. Taylor got to try swimming the old fashioned way...running through the sprinkler!!! While driving home that night with Taylor asleep in the car I saw so many fireworks. My timing was perfect. As I went by towns I saw their fireworks and a few times I was able to get a glimpse of the Macy's fireworks on the Hudson River. As I was driving over a high portion of the road (for those famility with NJ it was the Raritan bridge on the Parkway) I saw fireworks in 4 different areas. One of the prettier drives home. Monday as a day for relaxing after a busy weekend.

Relaxing/playing in the pool with Meg and Max. It was very refreshing.
Megan and Taylor

Enjoying popsicles!!! Yum :)

Hanging out with Megan.


After dinner we walked the "Walkway Over the Hudson" in Poughkeepsie. It is an old rail bridge over the Hudson River. It had been unusable for years and finally the renevated it and made it a walk way. The views from their were beautiful and it wasn't too crowded. Perfect ending to a great day.

Getting a ride from Megan and hug from Aunt Amy.
Looking south towards the Mid-Hudson Bridge

Poughkeepsie, NY

Looking north up the Hudson.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks like you guys had a great time.

purplecat said...

Looks like you had great fun, I have very fond memories of Wappingers falls and Poughkeepsie :)