Today was our big sightseeing day in Beijing. Started out at Tienamen Square which is enormous. Holds 1 million people. Even though the sun was shining it was still very cold here today. Onto the Forbidden City. After we were done in downtown we stopped at a silk factory and saw how they make the beautiful silks. We stopped for lunch outside of Beijing on the way to the Great Wall. We had lunch at a Closinnae factory. We got to see how they make it. Afterwards we went shopping in the large gift shop. I am bringing home some really nice things for myself and started my Christmas shopping!!! After lunch it was off to the much anticipated Great Wall of China. It didn't disappoint. It was truely spectacular. See the posts below this one for pictures. I would put more up but it is late and the connection isn't the greatest and is taking way too much time.
We are here in Beijing with 3 other families from Washington, Alabama and Arkansas. We all used the same adoption agency. Tomorrow we all part ways for different provences to get our kids (3 girls and 1 boy.) We meet up again next Saturday in Guangzhou and possibly other families who decided to bypass Beijing.
Tomorrow is the big day.....GOTCHA DAY!!!! We have to meet our guide Michelle in the lobby at 5:15am to head to the airport for a 7:30am flight to Xi'an which will take about 3 hours. We head to the Civial Affairs office to meet Taylor at 4:00pm. Don't know how long we will be there for. Hope to have time to talk to her orphanage director and care givers. Then back to the hotel. Will be a long day but one I have been waiting forever for. Will try to post again tomorrow night with pictures I know you have all been waiting for. Good night from Beijing.


7 comments:
Hey Cynthia!!!!! You are on China Soil! We didn't go to the Silk Factory so you have done something different for sure. I hope you got something there.
Tomorrow will be one incredible day for you! One you will NEVER forget.
Can't wait to see you with Taylor!
Love ya,
Lesa
Hi Cindy and Kathleen!!! What fantastic pictures! I'm really enjoying reading about your trip and can't wait to see pictures of you and Taylor. Enjoy your day tomorrow (or is it today??) My thoughts are constantly with you guys - Safe travels, and cherish every moment!
Love - Christina
Yes, you do get a sense of what an amazing site the Great Wall of China is from your photos. We will be thinking of you tomorrow on your big day! XOXO
Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip so far...Nice pictures.
So excited for your big day...praying that your day will go as smoothly as possible!!
Hugs.
I did not go to the silk factory either. we went to a colosium (? spelling) and had lunch there too. Get some rest, or try to anyway, tonight. We are all anxious to see Taylor tomorrow but I am sure no one is more anxious than you!!! I will be thinking of you all day.
I think Michelle was with us in GZ. She had a little girl probably a little older than Taylor (4-5). If it is her she is WONDERFUL!!!!!
Cynthia, it's great to finally see you posting from China!!!! Can't wait to see your next post with Taylor! Have a wonderful first day with your daughter!!!!
xxoo-
Susan
Post a Comment