How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China was AMAZING. Met every expectation. Excitement started building as soon as we saw it from the highway. Beautiful clear day for us to see it. Perfect blue sky. The section we went to is about 1 hour out of Beijing. Walked a steep slope up to the first tower. Climbed very very very steep and uneven steps up to the 2nd tower. Yes Kathy and I both made it up to the 2nd tower and back down again. Our poor knees!!!! It was so worth it. The view from the 2nd tower was stunning. I hope these pictures give you an idea of how stunning it was and how steep it was.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the climb. I know how hard it can be in the cold. Especially after a morning of walking and walking and walking around the square and the palaces. Are you with a group from GWCA or are you your own group with the guide? Keep the photos coming. SOON Taylor will be in them. We can't wait!!!

Sherry said...

Looks amazing!!! And sounds like you guys are having a great time. See you soon!!!!

Lesa said...

Oh my! Mike and another of our male travel mates made it to the top and got their card saying they climbed the Great Wall. I never made it that high at all. My knees are just way too bad to do all of the uneven steps, but I did enough to know you were a real trooper!!!!!! Congratulations on climbing so high. I wish I could have.

Lesa said...

Oh, how are you getting these posted. Have they opened up Blogger there now???

Michele M said...

Looks like a beautiful day. Totally amazing and so scary steep~

Mary said...

Cynthia, I'm so glad you're enjoying your time there. I hope I will be able to climb even half what you did!! Have a very special Gotcha Day tomorrow!