How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

A new doll for Taylor

This morning after Taylor got up (after sleeping 12 1/2 hours) I gave her a doll that I brought with me. She LOVED it. Not sure if she had one before but she took to it so well. She hasn't let it down since. She is napping with her now. She was rocking it and singing to it. I took video of her singing but of course I can't attach it to e-mails. Will post it when I get home.

This morning we went to Walmart. Very non-descript building but they had everything inside. Got a stroller, extra suitcase and some clothes for Taylor since all the once I brought don't fit. Things are much cheaper her than they are in the US. Tomorrow we get to go see the Terra Cotta Warriers. Really looking forward to that.

Some observations about China. Traffic is horrendous. Worse than rush hour going into NYC. There are very few traffic lights or stop signs. In very large intersections there is a 3 level stand with a traffic/police officer directing taffic in a very military like way. Fun to watch. Crossing the streets is very difficult. No such thing as pedestrian right of way. Most of the time we waited for local that were crossing and crossed with them and prayed that we wouldn't be hit. They drive very fast her and it is a wonder there aren't accidents every 2 feet. When going into a traffic circle it is best if you close your eyes. There are hundreds of cars and they get sooooo close. It is amazing they don't hit each other. Not a lot of horn honking either. Any American that comes to China shouldn't even attempt to drive!!!!

8 comments:

purplecat said...

Oh Cynthia it is a priviledge to share these photos with you, she looks so special:) and she is so blessed to have you as her Mum!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, Taylor's smile is getting bigger and broader everyday along with the sparkle in her eyes!! You can tell that she is happy and has her MOMMA.

Sherry said...

Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Christine and Erin said...

Awww, she's a good Mommy too!

Sue said...

Is Taylor burping the doll in the bottom picture or getting ready to suffocate it on the couch - LOL! Isn't amazing how adaptable little children are? Here's a toddler who was abandoned at birth, grew up in an orphanage, went to a foster home, back to the orphanage, into the arms of a stranger who doesn't even look like her and ... Taylor's having the time of her life! And boy, did she ever pick one heckuva Mama! Sounds as if all of you are having a great time, which is exactly what you hoped it would be. I'm REALLY enjoying your posts, and look forward to new pix every morning - it's a great way to start my day ... with a smile!

Lesa said...

How sweet is that! I think she makes a good mommy to her baby. I just love all of the photos of her! I could just eat her up.
By the by... Evan has one stuffed animal that he LOVES, but he also has three babies he has to sleep with!! He is a baby doll lover. I guess I need to go and unpack all of the "Mylie" baby dollies I received so he can enjoy them. I think he will make a wonderful little daddy.

Mary said...

Cynthia,she is a happy little girl, isn't she? Always smiling! I hope we are that fortunate next week!

Pam said...

I have tears in my eyes again! The look on Taylor's face as she gazes at her new baby is just precious. She (Taylor, not the doll) is one sweet little girl.