Yesterday was a big day for Taylor...first time on an airplane. She was a real trooper. Took it all in stride as she has been doing with everything this week. Once again she was the star. She is on several cameras and video recorders....it is tough travelling with a celebrity!!!!!! The take off and landing didn't bother her at all. I am sure the animal crackers helped...a favorite of hers. I thought she might sleep on the plane as we left around her bed time. Nope, not even a nap. Guess she was too excited. Arrived very late and nice warm weather greeted us. Met another family that would be in our group that hadn't gone to Beijing.
Today was a busy day for Miss Taylor. First the visa picture then the physical exam. For one out of 4 sections she was fine and the other 3 she didn't like at all. The scary doctor in the mask tested her hearing and looked at her throat. She loudly protested. The height, weight and temperature didn't bother her. She had seen the little boy ahead of us get his temperature taken so when it was her turn she held up her arm for the nurse. The really nice doctor who gave her the actual physical exam she didn't like nor the TB test. We then took a leisurely stroll back to the hotel enjoying the sights.
We are staying on Shaimen Island at the White Swan Hotel which is where most American families that are adopting stay. The island is very small and you can walk all over it which we plan to do since the weather is so much warmer here.
After her nap we went shopping. Taylor is now the owner of 5 pairs of squeaky shoes....Imelda Marcos and Grandma look out!!!!! When she first put them on she wasn't sure where the noise was coming from but once she discovered it, she took off. She thought she was soooo funny...she was!!!
Another first, tonight she had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. Loved it!!!!! Sightseeing on the agenda tomorrow. Monday the jade and pearl markets and I am sure we will find time for more shopping.


6 comments:
Welcome to GZ! You all look fabulous. Taylor's smile warms my heart, which needs it by the way because it is 7 degrees here in NJ today. LOVE the new pink outfit with matching shoes!!!!!! How tall and much did she weigh? I am sure you will have fun at the jade store. I certainly did!!!!! Shop away and enjoy. You are on the downside of the trip now. Next stop HOME
Enjoy the jade and pearl markets. If you're going where we did, you're sure to find lot's of treasures. I also bought jasmine tea at the jade market to give for gifts once we got home. Loved that store. That is where I also bought a beautiful tea set for Maiya when she's a grown up. And, make sure you buy enough strands of pearls. I bought three, and wish I had bought one more. I did buy a lot of pearl pendants for gifts. Enjoy exploring the island and be prepared to have every store keeper come out and try to haul you into their stores.
If Taylor loves squeaky shoes, then she'll go gaga over the ones with the lights once you get home! She's turning into a regular fashion plate! You're in the home stretch now - in a few days, you'll be HOME, and all that time waiting will have been worth it. Can't wait to visit after you've gotten home and are settled in. I wouldn't do it for just anyone, but for you and Taylor I'll drive to NJ ... maybe on a Tuuuuuuuuesday! Keep those blog posts coming, and I'll see you soon!
Glad the medical exam is over. How many shots did she have to have? Enjoy your time in GZ. Our favorite shopkeeper was the guy who owns Jordan's. He's such a sweet man!
We bought lots from Jordan this past time and with Wendy too. He doesn't to a hard sale. Try Sherry's Place that is in the opposite direction from Starbucks side. Everyone had to move out of the original spots that they had been in years ago.
LOve seeing all of the photos and updates.
Taylor gets cuter and cuter every time you post. Having a mommy seems to work well for her. :)
See you soon.
Post a Comment