How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Safari Park

Today we visited the largest safari park in China and all of Asia. It was so much better than anything I had been to in the US. There were so many different animals and a large number of any one kind. Most were very active and provided lots for us to see. There are 300 white tigers left in the world and half of them are here at this safari park. We also saw bengal tigers, black bears, koalas and pandas. It was a great day. Taylor really enjoyed it all except for when we got to close to some elephants and when I took her on the merry-go-round. She loved the ride and didn't want to get off. Kathy and I got to hold a baby bengal tiger and we fed the giraffes. Even Taylor got in on the feeding fun. Many of the panda's are from the region that had the large earth quake in 2008. Their home was destroyed to they were place here.

Tomorrow our guide Kelly takes all our paperwork to the American Consulate to apply for Taylor's visa. Thursday we go for the oath taking ceremony...I have a really pretty dress for her to wear. Friday we get her visa and Saturday we fly home. This has been a wonderful experience and a great trip but I am ready to come home. Will miss the warm weather.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Gosh, those white tigers are so beautiful! You're in the home stretch now, Cyn, and will be home before you know it. And ... if the weather guys are correct ... you'll come home to lots of the white stuff for Taylor to play in. A storm like the one that left us shoveling 22" of snow is coming up the coast as we speak and will arrive Friday night. How many pairs of squeaky shoes has Taylor worn out? LOL!

Susan L. said...

Kenny has been checking your house and I have been checking on you and Taylor. Can't wait to meet her. Have a safe trip home!

Lesa said...

What beautiful creatures. I'm so glad you got to go.