Tonight we reached a milestone. Taylor stood in the bath tub and didn't scream her head off. I had to carry her into the tub and hold her hand the entire time. Once I showed her how to splash her feet she began to enjoy herself. She had to get out twice to go potty and she willingly went back in each time. Still couldn't get her to sit though. Through a yahoo group of other adopting parents who got their kids from the same orphanage as Taylor I found out that most of the kids didn't like the bath either. It took some of them 2-3 months to get comfortable in the tub. This will be a process of small baby steps. Step 1 complete!!!!!
Four years ago I began the journey to adopt my daughter from China. After an endless wait I found my girl.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Snow and a Milestone
After 2 days of snow, cold temperatures, heavy winds and being stuck inside we put the snow suit on and ventured out into the snow today. At first Taylor didn't like it. Don't think she could walk very well in it as it was a very wet, heavy snow. After a bit she got the hang of it and didn't want to leave it. Tried to convince her to lie down in it to make a snow angel but she wouldn't have any part of it. After the snow we walked around the block and found Taylor's true pleasure....a puddle. She really enjoyed splashing around in the one at the end of the driveway and at the street corner which was a bit bigger.
Tonight we reached a milestone. Taylor stood in the bath tub and didn't scream her head off. I had to carry her into the tub and hold her hand the entire time. Once I showed her how to splash her feet she began to enjoy herself. She had to get out twice to go potty and she willingly went back in each time. Still couldn't get her to sit though. Through a yahoo group of other adopting parents who got their kids from the same orphanage as Taylor I found out that most of the kids didn't like the bath either. It took some of them 2-3 months to get comfortable in the tub. This will be a process of small baby steps. Step 1 complete!!!!!

Tonight we reached a milestone. Taylor stood in the bath tub and didn't scream her head off. I had to carry her into the tub and hold her hand the entire time. Once I showed her how to splash her feet she began to enjoy herself. She had to get out twice to go potty and she willingly went back in each time. Still couldn't get her to sit though. Through a yahoo group of other adopting parents who got their kids from the same orphanage as Taylor I found out that most of the kids didn't like the bath either. It took some of them 2-3 months to get comfortable in the tub. This will be a process of small baby steps. Step 1 complete!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Such great news about the bath. You just wait -- that girl of yours is going to be a swimmer -- hahaha. But really, that is great news and at least you have step one complete. I'm so proud of you both.
Hurray!
I'm happy to hear the Bath. It will only get better.
I love the puddle splasher video. I don't know of one kid that doesn't love to stomp in puddles!
You, my friend, have been blessed with a cutie!
HEY! That zipper pull looks familiar - LOL! And a little girl that likes puddles - Taylor's my kind of gal! Only 27 days to go - I can't WAIT!
So precious! Just wait, next year she'll be rolling around and having a blast in the snow.
Post a Comment