How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

The day after

Reading People magazine catching up on the latest celebrity gossip before getting dressed and heading out for the day.

All set to go.

Last night Taylor went to bed at 7:30pm and woke up at 7:00am today. She didn't wake up once during the night. When she woke up she had a big smile on her face. We had an early day today starting with an 8:30am appointment at the Civil Affairs offices. This is where I had to sign all the papers that would legally make her mine in the eyes of China. My thump print had to go over all my signatures. At the Civil Affairs office Taylor didn't go running up to the group from the orphanage when we walked in. She was perfectly content to stay with Kathy and I. When we were all done and getting ready to leave they came over to say good-bye but she wasn't all that interested. Very happy to leave with me. Afterwards we went to the police station to apply for her passport which we will get on Friday.

Here is a bit more on Taylor. She is a great eater and tries to feed herself. She was the hit of the dinning room when we went down for breakfast. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful to us. By the way the food was delicious...both western and asian choices...all excellent. She doesn't like anything on her hands..food or liquids. During her bath last night she held out her hands to be wiped as they were wet. We are still trying to figure out what sippy cups work best for her. She hasn't gotten down the concept of sucking the sippy cup. Usually just take the top off and let her drink it like a glass. She sang for us today many times. She has a beautiful voice. She is very smart. We don't understand her but she seems to understand what we are saying to her. She can entertain herself thus entertaining us. It doesn't take much to entertain her. Tonight at dinner it was the plastic cover of the chop sticks. She on occassion gives hugs and kisses. She is also true to size of her measurements that I got in November. She is a 3T and possibly at 4T depending on what it is and fit. She loves to look at herself in the mirror. Have a hard time getting her out of the elevator here at the hotel as they are all mirrors. When Kathy asks her where Mama is she is starting to turn to look at me. She helps take off and put on her clothes. She is so much fun to be with. Most of the clothes I brought for her are too small, some do fit. I gave the clothes that don't fit her to the orphanage director to take back for the other kids. Michele took us to some local stores so I could get her some pants, shirts and a coat that fit her.

Tonight as soon as she heard me start the tub she started wimpering...she knew what was coming. She didn't fight me at all as I undressed her and put her in the tub....just cried. She was in bed at 7:10pm. Only had a short nap today in the van on the way back from the police station so she was tired. We went out to dinner tonight with our guide and she was great. Hopefully she will sleep to around 6 or 6:30 tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow we are off to Walmart to do some shopping. Terra Cotta Warriers on Wednesday.

11 comments:

Michele M said...

LOVED seeing all the pictures and hearing about your wonderful days with Taylor. She seems so delightful...so happy and smiley. Glad things seem to be going so well. Have fun on your tour today.

Love to you both.

Christine and Erin said...

She is so sweet!! I can't wait to give her a hug! I'm loving looking at all the pictures. Soooo thrilled for you both. What a perfect match - she looks so happy! It looks like you've been together forever.

Pam said...

Thank you so much for all the pictures! Taylor is a beautiful girl, and that smile is contagious! Your smile looks pretty wide, too, Mama! I'm so happy the two of you are together at last. And so pleased that Gotcha Day was so easy! Congratulations! I have to go blow my nose now...sitting here with tears running down my face!

Sherry said...

She's so adorable!!! And a little ham too. Love how she poses for the camera. I'm soooo very happy for you. And for Taylor. You look so happy too. I can't wait to see you guys in GZ.

Lesa said...

She is absolutely adorable and the smile is so bright! I just love the second photo with the two of you looking at each other.
I sure am happy to see all of the wonderful photos.

Have fun looking at the Terracotta Soldiers. Take many more pics.

Mary said...

Thank you for the pictures, Cynthia! What a perfect Gotcha Day! Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Amy said...

Wonderful! WOW! Thank you so much for the pictures! She is ADORABLE! God Bless the three of you on your travels!!!! I can't wait to meet her.
xoxoxoxoxo
A

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!! It looks like mother and daughter are doing well. She looks like she loves to play and engage others. Is she really a 3T??? She certainly looks healthy. Is she potty trained? I can't wait to meet her. Keep the photos coming. As you can see there are A LOT of us following your trip closely.

Sue said...

I see that Taylor is a fan of "People" magazine - an EXCELLENT sign of superior intelligence - LOL! I, too, love that magazine!

Anonymous said...

We're so excited to have a new cousin, and we can't wait to play with her. We love seeing the smiles ~ both yours & hers! We're happy that she's happy to be making this transition. Wishing all 3 of you safe travels home.
Aunt Amy & Cousin Megan

Patty said...

Cindy she is BEAUTIFUL. It's hard to type because I can't see the computer screen through the tears...love to both of you.

P.S Love to Aunt Kathy too!