How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Delicous Dumplings

We went to a restaurant that specialized in dumplings for lunch. They were delicous and filled with all kinds of interesting foods. As you will see in the pictures they come in all different shapes. Taylor was the hit of the restaurant wait staff. She had at least 6 of them doting on her. They were speaking to her in English and were amazed when we told them she speaks Chinese.

Afterward we were outside walking around and one couple asked Michelle if Taylor spoke English or Chinese and were amazed when she said Chinese because Taylor seemed to understand what I was saying to her in English. It was very funny. Discovered Taylor doesn't like dogs. She saw one and backed away and started wimpering. As soon as I picked her up she was fine.

It is warmer her in Xi'an than it was in Beijing. The pollution is much worse than in Beijing. Everything and I mean everything is covered in a light dusting of dirt. You look out the hotel windows and they are coated in dirt. It is like spring back in the states where everything gets coated in a fine layer of pollen. Yes there are people walking around with masks on but only a few.

Every morning at 6:00am music starts playing outside. Loud enough so you can hear it inside. It plays for most of the day. We have heard Christmas carols, music from the Sound of Music, Ava Maria, to name a few. There is a plaza to the left of the hotel where you see about 2 dozen people doing their morning exercises as soon as the sun comes up.

Taylor loves to sing and sings to us several times a day, plays ring around the rosie, blows kisses, still eats everything (except pears), plays lovingly with her doll, still doen't like baths, takes good naps, loves wearing reading glasses, looking at herself in the mirror, watching video of herself and imitating Kathy and I. She is one happy little girl and a joy to have around.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Those are the best looking dumplings I have ever seem. Very cool.

Taylor sounds amazing. I can't wait to meet her.

Michele M said...

Those dumplings are something else...never saw them in shapes hehe.

I think most adopted children are afraid of dogs...R def was terrified...it only took a week to get over that fear...most people have little lap dogs in China & Taiwan.

Of course the staff would be doting on Taylor...she is too cute to pass up.

Sue said...

Please define "interesting foods" - LOL. More importantly, is there a TGI Fridays where you are? I need to know if I can get my chicken tenders w/extra honey mustard sauce!

Lesa said...

Those are the neatest dumplings I've ever seen. Now to figure out how to create some to look like that.
I can sure tell she is adjusting to you very well. She is one happy little girl.
Mike said to tell you he thinks she is just precious and the two of you look wonderful together.
Looks like she may be left handed? Evan is...)

Susan said...

Another great post! Hopefully you will get to go to the noodle restaurant in GZ. I think it was called Noodle King, but I could be wrong. That was our favorite meal while in China. Kelly was our guide and she arranged it for our group on one of our outings for lunch.

Love seeing Taylor looking so happy and comfortable with you both. Love the shot of her looking at herself in the mirror with your glasses on! She is precious!

xxoo-
Susan

Anonymous said...

I certainly looks like you are all having a great time. Did you buy that coat yesterday? It is adorable. Those dumplings made me hungry.