How Old Is Taylor?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

We made it to Xi'an

After a very short night and a very early morning we arrived in Xi'an about 10:00am. On the way into town from the airport it was very very hazy outside, you couldn't see the sky or sun. We asked Michele if it was just hazy that will burn off with the sun or air pollution. Unfortunately the answer was air pollution....very sad. Got settled into the hotel and went to the bank to exchange the adoption money. We head over to the Civil Affairs office which we can see from our hotel at 3:45pm today. I FINALLY get to meet Taylor at 4:00pm. The orphanage director brought her down from Yulin City today by bus which is about a 6 hour bus ride. Hope she isn't too tired. Will post again tonight with pictures of the big event.

12 comments:

Sherry said...

Can't wait for the Taylor update and pictures!!!!!!!

LynnieB said...

So glad she is in your arms!!! I'm with Sherry. bring on the pics!

Lesa said...

I know you have her now cause it is morning here! I'm with Sherry and Lynn... Bring on the Taylor and Momma photos!!!!

Lesa said...

Cynthia,
I'm praying so hard that Taylor is adjusting so well to you. I hope and pray that you are having an easier time than we did at first.
Bless Taylor's Heart! Bless your Heart!

Sending huge hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

we all woke up an went to our computers to see if you posted more yet. Can you tell how excited we are for you?????

Michele M said...

I keep on checking...waiting impatiently for an update. Hope all is going well !!

Pam said...

It's two in the afternoon here, so I hope you are all sleeping peacefully there. Praying that all went well during that first meeting. Can't wait to hear and see more.

Sue said...

Can't wait to get your next post, when you'll have been a Mommy for REAL for a whole day! Can't put into words how thrilled I am for you AND Taylor.And ... I can't wait to see the first pictures of you and your daughter, together at last.

Mary said...

Cynthia, I am so anxious to see you and Taylor together at last! Enjoy your time there with her!

Unknown said...

Was just re-reading your holiday card and it drew me to your blog. What a delightful surprise to see you are in China and meeting Taylor for the first time. I am so happy for you both. Have a safe and uneventful trip home. I look forward to hearing more and seeing a photo of the two of you together.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Cynthia,

So excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures! I am praying that everything went really well today. xoxo -Amy