Taylor has so far adjusted really well to being in her new home. When I leave the room, she runs down the hall to check where I am. Always has a big smile for me. When I was doing laundry the other day she handed me clothes from the basket for the washer and then helped take them out of the dryer...it is just her level!!!! She has also figured out how to push in the drawers in the dishwasher and close the door. She gets so excited when it is time to sit in her booster seat at the head of the dining room table for a meal. She still eats anything I put in front of her.
Today we went to Target for the first time. She loves going in the car seat and staring out the window. As soon as I get out of the car she is banging on the window ready to get out. She was really good in Target and sat in the cart and didn't point to everything in sight and have a minor meltdown when I wouldn't get her something like she did in China. She liked holding some of the items before she tossed them in the back of the cart. Glad nothing was breakable.
She has figured out how to climb out of bed in the morning. That is fine when I am up but it isn't at 4:45am and Mom isn't ready to get up yet. Got her to hang out quietly for another hour before I decided to get up. Even lying there quietly she is still the comedian. Will see what happens tomorrow morning. I think yesterday her nap was a little to long. Won't be today!!!
Expecting a blizzard tomorrow so will be homebound. Will have to put off our trip to Baby's R Us until Thursday.


5 comments:
Loving the chair!!!!! I read the blog everyday!!!! She is so precious :) You both are truly blessed! xoxo
Glad to hear Taylor is settling so well into her new home. Target trips are always fun. Hopefully, her body clock will align itself with US time very soon, and she won't be up so early! I bet you are loving every minute with your darling girl. Not so quiet around your house anymore, huh?
OMG, that chair is to DIE for! And I'm just realizing that I was deprived as a child. No, wait - check that. I vaguely remember a red vinyl rocker with brass studs! Still not the same as having one's own upholstered wing chair! And I'm loving those fuzzy slippers!
She looks so comfy in that nice chair. Glad she seems to be adjusting to her new home. Can't wait to meet her in person.
I think she is doing really well, C! Gosh she is so cute. Yes, the chair is cute.
I love the laundry story. Evan does the same exact thing to this very day. He has his own washer and dryer so while I'm doing mine he pretends to do his...even ironing.
They figure things out so very fast. For instance the drawer for the detergent. He really wants to help with the soap, but that isn't going to happen any time soon. ha
Stay warm!!
Post a Comment