Taking advantage of my munchkin taking a much needed nap to post. After a very long travel day that included an early wake up call, 3 hour flight to Beijing, rechecking bags and going through security again, a 2 1/2 layover and a 13 hour flight we arrived at Newark. Oh so happy to be on US soil. Once we landed the fun wasn't over. When we got the stroller back from gate check it was missing a wheel. Trying to find someone to go below and look for it was impossible so we went on our way minus 1 wheel.
I had to take Taylor to a special immigration room so they can look over all her paperwork before stamping her passport. Kathy was left to pick up the luggage. Then we had to go through an agricultural check before being released. Everyone one on the flight had to do this. When the last immigration officer asked where we came from and China was my answer, his response was "this isn't your lucky night." It went pretty quickly but unfortunately Kathy's bag had to be searched. All they found was candy and after discussion with several people, they cleared it through. On the other side was Auntie Linda and Uncle Rick waiting for us. Never happier to see them. Linda had her camera ready and took pictures. As soon as I get them I will share them.
Eventhough we didn't get lucky with going through the agriculture check we did get luck with the snow. It stopped south of Newark. No airport delays. My house got about 6 inches and Kathy got 18. Didn't prevent our plans from falling into place. Guess it pays to have back up plans and worry a little bit.
Once we got home, Kathy's husband Andy and 3 of 4 kids (Chirs, Scott and Lauren) and Kathy's mom were waiting at the house for us. Taylor was happy....new people to entertain and new people to entertain her. Everyone had a great time. Taylor loves balloons. Kathy's family brought beautiful flowers and balloons. Taylor almost ran over Kathy's mom to get to them when she saw them.
It was great to be home and see everyone and just relax. After everyone left Taylor went to sleep at 9:30pm with Mom praying that she would sleep through the night and not think it was just a 2 hour nap. Then I went to work. Fell into bed exhausted at 12:30am. Woke at 5am and went back to work until Taylor woke at 6. Both my Mom and Linda called today and Taylor loved holding onto the phone and talking to them and pressing the numbers. So glad I have a speaker phone otherwise I wouldn't have been able to speak to either of them as Taylor would not give up the phone. Have to dig out the one I bought for her.
Before posting this I went through my blog to see how it looked (I couldn't access it in China) and read everyones comments. Thanks for following along and posting your comments. I enjoyed reading everyone of them. There is a company I have used for digital photobooks that does one with blogs. I will take this blog of my journey and have a book made of it for Taylor. Nap time is still going on so will head off to do some work like laundry.


4 comments:
So, so, so glad to hear that you are home and that "snowmageddon" didn't delay your arrival! And now, your new life with your beautiful daughter begins! Again, congratulations. I look forward to meeting Taylor very soon. Here's hoping jet lag doesn't get either of you down for too long.
I'm thrilled that you made it home safely and beating the snow.
I'm with Pam on the jet lag part. That wasn't fun for us at all.
Did Immigration take all of your important documents like original Birth Certificate? LA Immigration did ours and we still haven't gotten all of them back yet. We need to contact them to see what is going on. We need all of that. Our Adoption Certificate from China with the three of us pictured was also one of the documents taken. What's up with that? Not sure....
Can't wait to see some photos of her at home with you.
Hahaha! Cyn, you will learn to become EXTREMELY efficient during nap time and make the most of every moment!
I'm glad you and your little Angel are home! And a birthday party coming in a little over a month!
Can't wait to chat with you! Since you're the one with the jet lag, I'm not going to take a chance of disturbing you, so shoot me an email when you're unpacked and feeling human again, and I'll give you a buzz! Love you! Love Taylor!
So very glad to see you guys are home safe and sound.
Post a Comment