All my posts from Wednesday didn't post. I didn't type in the correct e-mail address...I guess I was more tired than I thought. Will repost them now with the correct address.
Wednesday morning we got the all clear from the American Consulate. They accepted all my paperwork and will issue Taylor her visa so she can enter the US on Saturday. I will get her passport and visa back on Friday. Today (Thursday) we go to the consulate for the oath ceremony.
Taylor had on a dress Wednesday for the first time. It lasted until we went to play in the playroom. Will put on another one today for the oath ceremony. She also wore her very own sunglasses today. They fit her better than Kathy's or mine did.
At the White Swan Hotel where we are staying there is a wonderful playroom for the kids to play in. We finally had time in our schedule on Wednesday to take Taylor there. She loved it. They had some really nice toys to play with and there were some other kids there at the same time. She played very well with the other kids and shared the toys. She was also the welcoming committee. As other kids came in she went to great them at the door.
A tradition of adopting families that stay at the White Swan is to have pictures of the kids in your group taken on a red couch in one of the many lobbies here. They get all dreassed up in chinese outfits and attempt to all smile at the same time for the camera. We also took a group photo of all the families in the group. Including Taylor, Kathy and I there are 5 other families here with Great Wall China Adoption (my adoption agency.)
Aftewards Kelly our guide took us to the largest medicinal market in Asia here in Guangzhou. I would bet that 90% of the things there are not FDA approved. We even saw live scorpians. We also walked down a street/alley that had all kinds of food vendors. Here we saw cooked scorpians, beetles, sea horses all skewered and ready to eat. Yum Yum...NOT.


1 comment:
I love her little sunshades, and she is so darn cute in them. Evan got his in China as well, but not that cool. They do have blue lenses though. ha He still wears them.
Post a Comment